As a Project Purchaser, you will be responsible for the operational procurement of goods an fulfilment of orders for our global projects. You will work closely with the supply chain coordinator and the project team. In this role you will report to the senior purchaser.
- Procuring a big variety of materials, required by the projects in preparation and execution phase.
- Dealing with quotation requests, offers, and purchase orders efficiently and on time.
- Following up on order confirmations for all orders placed and the agreed delivery dates.
- Negotiating prices and conditions.
- Taking action in the event of incorrect deliveries or damaged or defective deliveries, etc.
- Expediting RFQ’s, orders and overdue deliveries.
- Follow up on invoicing of delivered goods.
We seek an individual able to make proposals for improvements for the organisation, processes and methods within the procurement department and act as initiator and point of contact for improvement projects.
- A completed higher vocational degree and additional procurement-related training
- 3-5 years of experience as initial purchaser, preferably within a technical/maritime environment
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English
- Willingness to travel and visit (global) projects on occasional bases
- You are persuasive, result-oriented, and have excellent communication skills
- You have a hands-on, service-oriented mentality
- Logistic knowledge is a pre
- Enthusiasm, creativity, ownership
- Leadership aspirations
We will give you the responsibility and freedom to successfully contribute to completing innovative and prestigious projects in a challenging international work environment. We also offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.
Sabine van den Elshout