Are you a Geodetic Specialist or Hydrographic Surveyor with operational survey experience and ready for a next step in your career? Do you like to solve complex problems and advising operational survey colleagues? For our survey department we are looking for a Project Support Engineer.
Within the survey department of Van Oord around 200 surveyors are employed throughout the world. In the role of Project Support Engineer, you support and advice survey project teams and management, solve problems and help in all kinds of survey related matters. You will operate in a team of 5 and together you function as the first point of contact for (survey) colleagues in the field or on board of our vessels. You also visit project locations to provide support, deliver training and install and test new equipment and software. It is a varied and challenging role located at our offices in Rotterdam and Gorinchem.
- Developing, managing and teaching survey related training courses for Van Oord (survey) personnel both in the office or on project locations;
- Recording and managing knowledge and information (survey knowledge database, knowledge documents, quality system);
- Testing survey software and equipment with a view to purchase;
- Survey equipment installation on board of our vessels;
- Writing survey related documents, e.g. Quick guides and HowTo documents;
- Visit exhibitions, symposium, workshops and demonstrations to scout for innovations.
We are looking for +5 years’ experience in hydrographic surveying or other related field projects combined with a Master in the direction of Geodesy or Earth Sciences. A team player who combines this experience with a stress resistant and flexible attitude, excellent problem solving and communication skills and who is interested in improvement and trying new things.
Besides this you also bring:
- Excellent command of the English language, command of the Dutch language is a plus;
- Knowledge of specialist surveying software and hardware;
- The ability to prepare and to give training courses.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.