As a Purchaser, you will be responsible for the operational procurement of goods an fulfilment of orders for our fleet. You will work closely with the vessel technical superintendent and crew. In this role you will report to the Senior Purchaser. We seek an individual able to make proposals for improvements for the organisation, processes and methods within the procurement department and act as initiator and point of contact for improvement projects.
- Procuring consumables, MRO (technical spare parts and services) for the vessels assigned to you;
- Dealing with technical specifications, quotation requests, offers, and purchase orders efficiently and on time;
- Following up on order confirmations for all orders placed and the agreed delivery dates;
- Negotiating prices and conditions;
- Taking action in the event of incorrect deliveries or damaged or defective deliveries, etc.;
- Expediting RFQ’s, orders and overdue deliveries;
- Follow up on invoicing of delivered goods.
- A completed higher (MBO/ HBO) technical degree and additional procurement-related training;
- 3 - 5 years of experience as initial purchaser, preferably within a technical/maritime environment;
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English;
- You are persuasive, result-oriented, and have excellent communication skills;
- You have a hands-on, service-oriented mentality;
- Logistic knowledge is a pre;
- Enthusiasm, creativity, ownership.
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.