Do you have affinity with purchasing and the marine and offshore sector, and would you like to work for a leading international company? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. Our Procurement Department in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is looking for a Project Purchaser.
As a Project Purchaser, you will be responsible for the operational procurement of mainly technical goods and fulfillment of orders for our global projects. You will work closely with the supply chain coordinator and the project team. In this role you will report to the supply chain coordinator.
- procuring a big variety of materials, required by the projects in preparation and execution phase;
- dealing with quotation requests, offers, and purchase orders efficiently and on time;
- following up on order confirmations for all orders placed and the agreed delivery dates;
- negotiating prices and conditions;
- taking action in the event of incorrect deliveries or damaged or defective deliveries, etc.;
- expediting RFQ’s, orders and overdue deliveries;
- follow up on invoicing of delivered goods.
We seek an individual able to make proposals for improvements for the organisation, processes and methods within the procurement department and act as initiator and point of contact for improvement projects.
- a completed higher vocational degree and additional procurement-related training;
- 3-5 years of experience as initial purchaser, preferably within a technical/maritime environment;
- good command of spoken and written Dutch and English;
- you are persuasive, result-oriented, and have excellent communication skills;
- you have a hands-on, service-oriented mentality and take ownership;
- willingness to travel and visit (global) projects on occasional bases;
- logistic knowledge is a pre.
We will give you the responsibility and freedom to successfully contribute to completing innovative and prestigious projects in a challenging international work environment. We also offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 88 8268857