Our Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) Department in Rotterdam is looking for a QHSE Advisor. As QHSE Advisor you are responsible for implementing and monitoring the QHSE management system and performance on our projects.
- Through commitment and professionalism, you need to proactively drive Van Oord towards ‘Safety-Leadership as integral parts of all worldwide activities;
- You will give appropriate safety and environmental assistance and support to the QHSE Manager or the project management team and the subcontractors;
- Use your knowledge and that of colleagues to decrease the number of incidents to an as low as reasonably practicable amount.;
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements, company policy and plans in company operations;
- Ensure that all authorized QHSE documents on the project are maintained, registered and adequately stored and readily retrievable.
- At least three years of work experience in the maritime industry (offshore / offshore wind)
- Higher vocational degree or equivalent, preferably in the field of health and safety;
- Good command of English spoken and written;
- Professional approach, couple with strong interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to spend a week or a few months at various locations abroad.
- The possibility to gain unique experience and further development in a professional field;
- An international working environment where no project is the same;
- A function where office work and field work will be alternated;
- Trainings (in different subjects) for personal development;
- An excellent conditional package that fits your background and experience.
Click here to learn more about our unique Say YES to Safety programme:
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Are you looking for an interim assignment regarding a QHSE Advisor role, please contact me or apply also.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!