Are you ready for a job on shore where you still visit a vessel on a regular basis? Van Oord is looking for people with (recent) nautical background who wants a job in an International Maritime environment with the aim to promote and improve Van Oord’s HSE standards together with your colleagues on board our vessels all over the world.
As QHSE Marine Coordinator you are responsible for implementing and monitoring the Van Oord Management System and Safety Management Systems on our marine equipment. In this role you are main point of contact for QHSE matters on board and you can use your background during your work every day.
- Point of contact for nautical and safety issues
- Conducting internal ISM / ISPS / MLC audits on ships
- Responsible for supervising the inspections
- Support for external ISM / ISPS / MLC audits and customer inspections (OVID & CMID)
- Keeping the ISM, ISPS & MLC instructions up to date
- Is part of the investigation team in case of incidents when necessary
- Facilitates during Risk Assessments when needed
- Supporting the organization with regard to the implementation of nautical legislation & codes
- Reports to the company DPA / CSO
- Your home residence is in vicinity of Rotterdam
- A nautical background (as bridge officer or engineer) is an advantage
- Interested in HSE
- Has a healthy dose of knowledge, communication skills, result and team orientation
- An enthusiastic 'people manager' who is stress resistant and has persuasiveness and flexibility
- A problem-solving capacity and a full-fledged discussion partner for '' high and low '', from work floor to executive staff
- You do not mind travelling and visiting marine equipment abroad with some regularity
- Ideally work experience in the area of maritime legislation, codes and standard
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language in word and writing.
We offer you a varied and international work environment with possibilities to develop further. A function in which work in the office and on a project alternate and you have plenty of room to develop yourself by following training. Of course we offer you the opportunity to contribute to our prestigious projects in collaboration with others. We offer an excellent conditional package that fits your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
+31 88 8262530