Do you want to apply your knowledge of safety to leading maritime projects? As a Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) Manager at Van Oord you can indulge yourself! From deep into the water till high in the air, our projects are often unique and are without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges. Technically, we are world-class and we want to make sure we are also top-class in the field of safety. Do you want to make sure that we will? Then you are the candidate we are looking for!
At Van Oord we are proud of our leading position when it comes to the execution of large maritime projects. For example, the construction of dredging projects, wind farms and pipelines all over the world. We also want to be leading in the field of safety. As QHSE manager, you are responsible for your team. This includes planning the QHSE-goals and priorities. Furthermore, you:
- are responsible for the maintenance of the project action tracker and the preparation; implementation, control and maintenance of the projects Permit-to-Work system;
- take the lead in the preparation of specific procedures and instructions as required in cooperation with the QC manager;
- also serve as an adviser in matters relating to QHSE;
- introduce and instruct new members of the project team, subcontractors, visitors and others;
- communicate with the department QHSE about the quality of the system, health and safety issues.
Safety is your passion and with your people management skills, especially leadership and communication skills, you know how to get things done. You take care of the correct execution of the QHSE-policy and safety issues. That you will be away from home regularly will not be a problem. On the contrary, you would love to see a lot of the world! In addition, you have:
- an appropriate Higher education, like HVK;
- a minimum of 5 years of experience as (senior) QHSE-coordinator;
- excellent knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- great personnel management skills.
A job with a lot of independence and responsibility and a special opportunity to work on leading projects, both in the Netherlands and internationally. The mentality in your department? Hands-on, pragmatic and full of maritime (and Rotterdam) humor. Furthermore, you also get:
- the possibility to organize your work with flexible work times;
- excellent secondary employment conditions;
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself;
- a salary that suits your experience and responsibilities.
Click here to learn more about our unique Say YES to Safety program:
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
+31 (0)88 826 2530