Are you looking for a job in an International Maritime environment with the aim to communicate and improve the safety policy of Van Oord together with your colleagues on board our fleet? Then read on. For the Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) department, in Rotterdam, we are looking for a QHSE Marine Coordinator / Deputy DPA / CSO
As QHSE Marine Coordinator / Deputy Designated Person Ashore / Deputy Company Security Officer you are responsible for implementing and monitoring the Van Oord Management System and Safety Management Systems on floating & sailing equipment
- Point of contact for nautical and safety issues
- Conducting internal ISM / ISPS / MLC audits on ships
- Responsible for supervising the inspections
- Support for external ISM / ISPS / MLC audits and customer inspections (OVID & CMID)
- Keeping the ISM, ISPS & MLC instructions up to date
- Is part of the investigation team in case of incidents when necessary
- Facilitates during Risk Assessments when needed
- Supporting the organization with regard to the implementation of nautical legislation & codes
- Reports to the company DPA / CSO
- A degree at university of applied sciences level or above (Maritime is preferred)
- Five to ten years of QHSE work experience
- Has a healthy dose of knowledge so you are an enthusiastic 'people manager' with persuasiveness and flexibility
- Stress resistant
- A problem-solving capacity and a full-fledged discussion partner for '' high and low ''.For management and executive staff
- You do not mind visiting the marine equipment abroad with some regularity
- Ideally work experience in the area of maritime legislation, codes and standard
- Experience with audits and (customer) inspections
- A nautical background (as a Bridge Officer or Engineer) is an advantage
- Good communication skills, result and team orientation
- Good knowledge of the English language in word and writing. Dutch a pre, but not a must!
We offer you a varied and international work environment with possibilities to develop further. A function in which work in the office and on a project alternate and you have plenty of room to develop yourself by following training. Of course we offer you the opportunity to contribute to our prestigious projects in collaboration with others. We offer an excellent conditional package that fits your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!