Our offshore operations are all about delivering quality to our clients. In your job as R&D Engineer you will contribute to developing and innovating the equipment on board of our offshore fleet. You will work on conceptual ideas and practical solutions, with everything in between. Van Oord has a wide variety off vessels such as fall pipe-, cable lay-, pipe lay-, trenching and installation vessels. All equipped with high end mechatronic equipment. You will advise our Ship Management Department with whatever in depth questions they may have. Besides that you will also create demand from your internal client by engaging them in new concepts and developments.
If you would like to get an impression of the type of equipment you will work on, click here.
You will perform research into mechatronic systems in combination with machine-soil interaction and subsequently advise us on innovation in offshore operations and the consequences for our offshore equipment. Next to that you will be responsible for:
- Developing expertise which we then draw on when constructing or modifying the tools we use, based on model simulations, llaboratory measurements and practical tests on board our many ships;
- Test theory in the crucible of practice, both with computer or other simulations;
- Independently driving the entire research process, from the first draft to tests in practice, with all the unpredictability these can involve;
- Contributes to the learning curve which, as an innovative company, we always aim to be on.
The fact that you have a truly investigative mind is clear from your structured, results-focused and tenacious approach. This is how you acquire innovative knowledge, which you are keen to share – whether with your colleagues at the office or on board, or with the guests at an international conference. They can see how passionate you are about your field! In addition, you bring the following to the table:
- a university degree in mechanical engineering;
- at least 3 to 5 years of research and development experience focused on moving equipment, preferably offshore related;
- excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.