Are you eager to learn and are you looking for a multi-faceted role to play in risk management? Do you also want Lely’s heritage to live on long into the future? Do you want to help safeguard Lely's heritage for decades to come? 32 kilometres of dyke reinforcements and a new motorway. Sluices and pumping stations that can discharge 235 m3 of water every second. Innovative concrete elements, a solar farm and the cutting for a unique fish migration river. These are all part of the renewal of the Afsluitdijk, a project for which we will be pulling out all the stops in terms of Marine ingenuity over the coming years. Interested? If you would like to contribute as a Risk Engineer, apply to Van Oord!
We have been contracted for the execution of the entire project, from design to management. Risk management is an essential part of our responsibilities. As a risk engineer you will have to identify, prioritize and manage all possible project-related risks by performing qualitative as well as quantitative analyses (e.g. with the aid of Monte-Carlos simulations). You are a genuine ‘risk hunter’, something that is reflected in the way you assess risks and implement corresponding measures. You see to it that risk control is and remains a priority, which you consistently do with ample consideration for cooperation.
Design and implementation-related issues as well as financial and contractual issues concerning design, construction and maintenance of (major) infrastructural works are what you live for. Your proactive approach, problem-solving ability, ambition to learn and your well-developed capacity for persuasion enable you to make a constructive and highly valued contribution to tenders, projects and the constant development of your team and department.
- You are decisive, creative and proactive.
- You know what is wanted and do not panic under pressure.
- You are result-oriented and feel comfortable with figures and numbers.
- You at least have a Bachelor’s degree, for example in civil engineering, technical business administration or economics.
- You have at least 3 years’ working experience in risk management and risk analysis, including Monte-Carlos simulations.
- You have excellent communication skills, also in English.
- You understand @RISK, and we consider practical experience in writing EMVI / MEAT plans a considerable pro.
As a risk engineer, you form a part of the dynamic, diverse and multi-disciplinary team, which is responsible for the Afsluitdijk Project. You and several of your colleagues are expected to strengthen the team in charge of process control. You will receive:
• a salary matching your responsibilities
• excellent secondary employment conditions
• ample opportunity (and educational allowance) to develop your professional and personal skills, enabling you to advance in your role.
Project location / Work location: Den Oever (The Netherlands)
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated