Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Application Support Engineer and are you a team player who’s able to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment? If so, read on to see what Van Oord can offer you. For the IT department in Rotterdam, we are looking for a full-time Application Support Engineer to strengthen the Technical Application Management team.
The Technical Application Management team within the Van Oord IT department is responsible for the technical management of the business applications that support the business processes within Van Oord. The team works closely with other disciplines within the business and the IT department. In the role of Application Support Engineer, you will be responsible for a group of diverse applications, ensuring optimum performance and availability, and act as the link between the business and IT.
- Ensuring optimum performance, availability and 'health' of several critical business applications
- Dealing with disruptions, analysing and solving problems and preparing and implementing changes to the application landscape
- Maintaining constructive relationships with, on the one hand, the functional application owners in the business and, on the other hand, other technical disciplines within the IT department
- Structured testing of applications in the event of upgrades, updates or other kinds of changes
- Managing external suppliers from a technical perspective
- Documenting the application environments, plus writing work instructions and (installation) manuals
- Providing solicited and unsolicited advice to internal customers and stakeholders
- Participating in application-related projects
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role in IT support, and in the technical management of applications and databases in particular
- Broad technical knowledge and experience in the area of systems, platforms and databases, such as Windows Server, VMware, Oracle, SQL, middleware, interfaces, batch scheduling and networks
- Knowledge and experience of finance-related business applications and Unit4 UBW (ABW) in particular is an advantage
- The conceptual / analytical capacity to manage the application landscape from both a functional and technical perspective, to conduct problem analyses, solve problems and where necessary propose and implement improvements
- Knowledge of standard IT methods such as BiSL, ASL, ITIL, TMAP and Prince2
- Experience of application release management and application testing
- Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English
- Good stakeholder management skills with respect to business and IT contacts
A position where your work will alternate between the office and project sites, and one that will afford you every opportunity to develop by taking courses and trainings. Naturally, we will offer you every chance to work with others to contribute to our prestigious projects. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.