Within Van Oord we have four Business Units (BU’s): Dredging, Offshore Wind, Offshore and Netherlands. For Offshore Wind and Offshore we are recruiting for Senior Business Controllers, which are part of the BU F&C Department and have a direct reporting line to the BU Controller. In some cases the Senior Business Controllers are (also) member of the MT of a part of the BU (e.g. a branch or a region).
The primary purpose of these roles is to provide valuable insight and robust challenge to support operational and strategic decision-making and to ensure effective controls and compliance.
The positions are based in the Gorinchem head office. Regular (international) travel to the projects and international offices is required.
- Be member of various Tender Teams, advising (Tender, Area and Regional) Managers on all tenders and budgets with focus on the financial aspects including opportunities and risks (e.g. finance, guarantees, cash flow, tax, currencies)
- Be part of the Project Management team, from the start-up phase of a contract (directly after award) until the transfer to the dedicated Project Controller
- Setup and maintain the structures and frameworks for the awarded projects, covering various aspects such as legal, tax, (cost) control, accounting, reporting and compliance
- Monitor the execution of strategic roadmaps and ensure proper follow-up
- Prepare and challenge financial and business reports (on a range of topics)
- Manage (or challenge) the Project Controllers
- Act as a (first) point of contact for Group F&C and Group Treasury on BU related topics and participate in the control environment(s) of the BU and of Van Oord
- Represent Van Oord towards third parties, like joint ventures, auditors, advisors
- Ensure that project and/or subsidiaries’ financial statements and financial project reports comply with countries’ requirements and Van Oord’s policies and guidelines
- Perform regular financial reviews on potential clients and subcontractors
- Work closely with other Group departments, such as HR, LCD, and E&E
- Participate in (ad-hoc) BU and/or Group projects (e.g. MI-7, Vox Data)
Please note that these key tasks and responsibilities may vary per role and per BU.
- University degree in Business Administration / Economics including preferably a CA / RA / RC degree
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience in an international and complex (project) business environment
- Strong initiative and a self-starter, being able to identify opportunities to drive value
- Agile, fast learning and resilient
- Attention to detail and ability to drive process to completion
- Affinity to create, review and improve business processes (Van Oord Way of Working)
- Effective team player with strong communicative skills
- Knowledge of and affinity with (contractual) finance documentation is a strong preference
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language. Spanish is a bonus
- Advanced software skills and experience (Office, financial and reporting applications)
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional team but also an environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Sabine van den Elshout