Are you looking for a position where you will be closely involved in both designing and executing projects in a maritime environment and which provides the opportunity for your creative input? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has to offer. The Engineering and Estimating department is looking to recruit a:
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
As Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will be the contact for geotechnical aspects with regard to the tenders and the execution of projects in the maritime and offshore lines of business. You will be working primarily at our office in Rotterdam but you might work for short or longer periods at a project location in The Netherlands as well as abroad.
- Supporting the project team with geotechnical advice
- Participating actively in research and development programmes
- Supervising and training junior colleagues
- Designing temporary and permanent soil structures with respect to, among others, settlement, stability, earthquakes and soil improvement.
- The design of temporary and permanent earth retaining walls.
- Setting up and interpreting soil investigations.
- A Master’s / Bachelor’s in Civil engineering, preferably Geo-Engineering.
- At least 8 years of work experience in geotechnics and 4 years of experience in designing soil structures.
- Experience in relevant software, including Plaxis and the Deltares D-series.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Experience in the execution of dredging work is recommendable.
- Creative, result minded and with a strong analytical ability.
- Excellent communicative and social skills.
- The ability to keep a good overview of and the ability to rapidly switch between different projects.
- Prepared to work abroad.
A challenging technical position in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent employment conditions package matching your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply directly via the application button below. Not convinced yet about handing in a job application? Feel free to contact me for more information or for other opportunities at Van Oord.
Climb aboard and also follow us on LinkedIn!
We do not use external agencies to fill this vacancy.