For our Markets Department we are looking for a Senior Market Analyst (full time). Van Oord’s Markets team is structured around three responsibilities: market intelligence, strategic decision support, and public affairs. The team is located in our head office in Rotterdam and consists of market analysts and strategists with a range of backgrounds, and competencies. In the position of Senior Market Analyst you will be part of the Strategy & Market Intelligence team headed by the Manager Markets who reports directly to the Director Communications & Markets. The team works with Van Oord’s businesses, staff departments and Executive Committee, supplying them with deep market and business insights, actionable strategic direction and fact-based decision making documents.
- Gathering, analyzing, synthesizing and disseminate market and business intelligence;
- Own and drive project work streams or strategy projects, guided by the Manager Markets;
- Build and communicate actionable strategy recommendations;
- Conduct facilitating high quality, meaningful and evidence-based business analyses in order to make (asset) investment decisions;
- Prepare presentations, speeches and reports for senior leadership;
- Provide markets support (e.g. target identification and commercial due diligence) on M&A projects, including acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
For the position of Senior Market Analyst we ask for at least 4 years’ experience in a top tier strategy consultancy firm or a strategy or market analyst role in a top tier international company. You have a Master degree in Economics, Business Science or Engineering with a good academic track record. You combine your knowledge and experience with a hands-on and flexible mentality, excellent communication skills and organisation awareness. In addition, you bring the following to the table:
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills;
- Going the extra mile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Experience with international business and project management;
- Willingness to travel.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.