You are the binding factor between IT and the Van Oord organisation. As first point of contact you solve incidents, manage problems, handle requests and keep your colleagues up-to-date about any progress. Challenges you'll have to deal with are satellite connections on a vessel, servers on-premise or in the cloud, office workstations or remote support to project locations around the world or even physical support on a project location like The Afsluitdijk.
As a service desk employee at Van Oord you never know where a question comes from. From the head office in Rotterdam? Gorinchem? A Side stone dumping vessel in the Arabian or Baltic Sea? In the end, that does not matter to you either.
- Your focus is to ensure the proactive support of our infrastructure at 80 different offices worldwide and on board of more than 60 vessels;
- You offer the right first and second line support for an environment with 1000 servers and more than 4,000 users. You will do this at the desk, on the phone or on board, because sometimes a problem can only be solved on the spot and then we will send you there;
- Quality and service are very important to you, what we see in the way your administration is in order or the level of your participation in projects;
- A lot of variation in this dynamic function, your knowledge and ingenuity are needed on shore and on board of trailing suction hopper dredgers and cable-laying vessels.
You employ your analytical skills, communication skills and pro activity to deliver added value to the customer. Through the combination of 'understanding the customer' and a process-based attitude, you always know where to find the best solution. If you have worked in an international enterprise environment before, this will help you. Furthermore, you bring along:
- A MBO education in an IT-related direction;
- At least two years experience with work on a Service desk;
- Knowledge of networks, Office 365 and preferably an MCSA/MCSE certification;
- Knowledge or experience with LEAN and continuous improvement;
- Experience in ITIL;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 88 8268857