Do you have an affinity for Procurement & Supply Chain and the marine or offshore sector, and would you like to work for a leading international company? For the Project Support team of the Procurement department, which is based in Rotterdam (the Netherlands), we are looking for a Material Coordinator who will be responsible for setting up and coordinating storage activities on Van Oord's projects around the globe. Therefore candidates located in the EU are welcome to apply.
As a Material Coordinator, you will set-up storage structure on projects according the Van Oord guidelines and systems. Maintain the inventory on the project and on the Van Oord yards in the best possible way to support the company and execute the tasks in the most safely, effective and efficient manner, in compliance with all relevant requirements.
- Maintain the project store on the Company yard(s) incl. execution of periodical stock check through for instance Cycle Counts/Wall to Wall counts
- Manages the preparation (mock-up) and consolidation for projects on the Van Oord yards
- Receipt and verification of incoming materials against the purchase order and reporting any discrepancy
- The safe and efficient management of the stores / warehouse on site in line with QHSE policy
- Take care of proper storage of project materials, under the required conditions
- Maintaining stock records in accordance with Company procedures and system to ensure database is in control and updated on a daily basis
- Keeps track of permanent important items and temporary important items
- Manage inventory of Client supplied materials and inventory of rental equipment
- Receive and ensure retention and filing of all relevant documentation including shipping documents, delivery notes, MSDS’s and certificates
- Provide project team (on/offshore) with required information related to tracking and tracing of material and equipment
- Issuance out of inventory towards project per demand
- Monitor, inspect and register material deliveries
- Tracking and Tracing of materials and expediting
- Execution of periodical stock check through for instance Cycle Counts/Wall to Wall counts
- Perform a material reconciliation of all materials at the completion of a project, and ensure storage, disposal and/or return of surplus materials
- Preparation of shipping manifests / packing lists for de-mobilised materials and equipment
- Assist non STAR IPS users in creating requisitions and materials
- Pro-actively identify and introduce opportunities for improvement
- Customer oriented and works well with others,
- Secondary vocational education (Dutch MBO),
- Minimal of 2-3 years of experience in logistics warehouse materials control processes in a maritime or offshore business environment,
- Willing to travel and work on-site on our global projects (sometimes on rotation working abroad up to 60% of the time),
- Experience with setting-up storage structure on projects,
- Punctually, proactive and accurate,
- Experienced working safely around heavy materials and equipment,
- Team player, ability to work well under pressure, and demonstrates ability to work independently,
- Excellent command of the English language, both orally and in writing.
A challenging supply chain role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/company/van-oord/jobs/
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.