Are you looking for a challenging position on the water combined with freedom, responsibility and variety? If so, read further to see what Van Oord has to offer.
For Van Oord Grondstoffen B.V. (former Mijnster B.V.) we are looking for a Skipper. You will be fully responsible for the vessel, her crew and her cargo. It may be clear that the safety and well-being of the crew is at the top of it. Our barge vessels transport raw materials (sand, clay, gravel) within The Netherlands and Belgium.
- the safe loading, transport and unloading of the cargo with all the usual nautical operations;
- taking care of (preventive) maintenance of the vessel;
- guiding the vessel crew;
- handling administration and documentation.
- extensive experience with barge vessels on inland waterways;
- in possession of Groot Vaarbewijs AB, radar patents, mariphon certificate (inland navigation) and a driver's license;
- good command of Dutch language, both written and spoken;
- thorough knowledge of MS Office;
- an independent colleague with a flexible attitude;
- the willingness to be away from home from Monday till Friday.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- a pension scheme;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance, if relevant;
- collective health insurance (optional).
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 (0)88 826 8857