Van Oord is involved in worldwide dredging, offshore gas & oil and wind projects. As part of these projects, Van Oord deploys a wide variety of its own vessels, such as trailing suction hopper dredgers, side stone dumping vessels, split hopper barges, a pipe-layer and installation vessels. The entire fleet needs to be continuously monitored, maintained, repaired and modernized, when necessary. Amongst others, Van Oord's Ship Management Department (SMD) carries out this work to ensure that the fleet remains safe, reliable, available and in compliance with current legislation and class requirements.
In the role of Maintenance and Repair Planner you are actively collaborating with the SMD work preparation and execution teams for Van Oord ship material modifications, maintenance and (de)mobilisation projects. You perform a wide range of planning activities, which are necessary to ensure an organized execution. With your analysis and findings, you contribute to meeting the delivery targets in a timely manner. In addition, you are responsible for the constant coordination of the planning with the various project disciplines, subcontractors and yards.
- Assisting the Technical Superintendents / Repair Project Managers (TI/PMR) in developing work packages with milestones, staff deployment and material delivery schedules;
- Assess plans to determine material and deployment needs;
- Determining lead times to support repair, (de)mobilisation and/or modification projects;
- Visit site to ensure scope of project is understood;
- Support and coordinate planning and project management for the work preparation, site description and implementation phase;
- Participate with TI/PMR in construction meetings;
- Preventing and/or solving interface problems between subcontractors;
- Measuring and reporting progress during implementation;
- Reports to TI/PMR;
- Optimizing work plans and validating engineering, purchasing and (site)construction methods to achieve project objectives;
- Integration of information e.g. through resource loading of material and costs (with budgets), duration of activities and logic (with engineering, purchasing and execution), allocation of float and identification of critical paths (with risk management).
- Higher education in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in ship repair and/or shipbuilding projects;
- Knowledge of planning software such as, Primavera and Microsoft Project;
- You are a first-class organiser who takes a proactive role;
- You are accurate and have strong analytical skills with problem-solving skills;
- You like interpersonal communication and collaboration;
- You can work in a team, focused on collaboration and work without supervision;
- You are willing to work for a shorter or longer period at our project sites (abroad);
- Excellent command of the English language.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.