Are you an software engineer with excellent experience with Java and do you want to develop further? Read on what Van Oord can do for you! For the VOCAM Development team, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for a Java Software Engineer.
VOCAM is our self-developed SCADA system which runs on board of our vessels. We have just started a project to improve and extend the system. We are a team of 4 developers which is extended with hired developers to boost the development. Collaborating is key in this position as we will do the project through the SCRUM methodology
In the role of software engineer Java, you will be involved in developing and managing the software used for automating the processes on board of our vessels.
As an software engineer java you will be working in the development environment, maintain existing software, expand software, testing, specifications, hardware, images, key user support etc. The software is used to monitor and control the systems on board of our vessels, retrieve sensor data, present information about the production process, automate and log the dredging and offshore processes on board of our vessels.
- Developing and maintaining software to control, automate and monitor production processes on board of our vessels.
- Support key users.
- A technical Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Industrial Automation, Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences)
- Excellent experience with Java, certified Java developer is a pre
- Several years' relevant work experience in the field of industrial automation
- Experience with C++, Linux, Networks and PLC systems is a pre
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- Flexible attitude with regard to working hours. Incidental travels abroad.
You end up in a company with a unique (family) history, a typical Dutch product and an international work environment. Because we work with solutions that we often have to invent from scratch, the generation of ideas is the order of the day. We like to listen to yours! You also get:
- a salary that suits your responsibilities
- more than average number of holidays
- a variable bonus
- an excellent pension scheme
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190