Are you an software engineer with international ambitions and do you want to develop further? Read on what Van Oord can do for you! For the Department of Production Automation, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for an All-round Software Engineer.
In the role of software engineer, you will be involved in developing and managing the software used for automating the processes aboard our ships.
As an software engineer you will be working in the development environment, maintain existing software, expand software, testing, specifications, hardware, images, key user support etc. The software is used to retrieve data, presentation, automation and logging of dredging and offshore processes on board our ships.
- Developing and maintaining software to control, automate and monitor production processes on board of our vessels.
- Support key users.
- Manage the deployment of the software over our vessels.
- A technical Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Industrial Automation, Electrical Engineering)
- Several years' relevant work experience in the field of industrial automation
- Knowledge Java and C++, pre: Linux, Networks and PLC systems
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- Strong communication and social skills
- Flexible attitude with regard to working hours. Incidental travels abroad.
A challenging and varied role in a team of 10 dedicated colleagues in which your work will take place at the office in Rotterdam and occasionally on board our ships. Together with the team, you will contribute to optimize the production capabilities of our vessels and equipment. In addition, Van Oord offers an competitive salary package appropriate to your background and experience. And one that will afford you every opportunity to develop by taking courses and trainings. Naturally, we will offer you every chance to work with others to contribute to our prestigious projects.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190