Do you literally think of IT from Rotterdam to Dubai at 'groundbreaking IT'? an As an IT Solution Architect at Van Oord you can indulge yourself. From deep into the water to high in the air, our technical environment is often unique and is without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges. This has the necessary consequences for our IT solutions and design choices. Do you dare? Then apply as an IT Solution Architect at Van Oord!
The IT Innovation department is focused on researching, testing and advising the latest (cloud) technologies. One time you are thinking together with the Enterprise Architect and the customer about the best possible solution for an issue, the other time you stand with your feet in the sand in Dubai to get a Proof of Concept (PoC) working there . The IT Innovation department is a driver of changes within the IT department.
- You are the sparring partner of our client on the one hand and development teams and suppliers on the other. And you are primarily concerned with answering the "who", "what", "why" and "how" question of the customer and market.
- You know better than anyone how you get the real need of the customer and can turn it into functional solutions.
- As an IT Solution Architect you will be working on the interface between business and technology.
- You are therefore perfectly able to communicate effectively with developers and end users.
- You work together in a multidisciplinary team with developers, testers, an architect, visual designer and the client.
- During the implementation of the solution you remain the link between the customer and the project team.
- You provide the guidance, monitor the quality and actively participate in the implementation of the solution.
- You know how you can help people to understand and use technology better.
You are pragmatic and analytically strong and can switch between a helicopter overview and attention to details.You are always up-to-date with the latest technologies and latest announcements, you visit pro-active events and stand-ups and ensure good knowledge retention in your team.You are also a proactive, creative and convincing personality. You have a passion for your customer, you are result-oriented and have the drive to stay ahead in technology. You feel comfortable in a dynamic and fast-growing organization. Your social and communication skills in both Dutch and English regard your colleagues and clients as superior. Finally, you have humor, you have an entrepreneur attitude and you have an absolute team spirit.
- You have a completed HBO and / or WO education and at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- You have experience in drafting solution architectures for cloud (native) applications.
- You are the person that people go to when they have questions about (cloud) technology.
- You know how to convey your knowledge of architecture principles, data modeling and application structure in a clear way.
You end up in a company with a unique (family) history, a typical Dutch product and an international work environment. Because we work with solutions that we often have to invent from scratch, the generation of ideas is the order of the day. We like to listen to yours! You also get:
- a salary that suits your responsibilities
- more than average number of holidays
- a variable bonus
- an excellent pension scheme
- a manager who sees himself as 'coach' instead of 'manager'
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself (Microsoft Ignite for example)
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190