Do you literally think of IT from Rotterdam to Dubai at 'groundbreaking IT'? an As an IT Solution Consultant at Van Oord you can indulge yourself. From deep into the water to high in the air, our technical environment is often unique and is without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges. This has the necessary consequences for our IT solutions and design choices. Do you dare? Then apply as an IT Solution Consultant at Van Oord!
The IT Innovation department is focused on conducting research into, testing and advising on the latest cloud and other technologies. One time you'll be thinking about the best possible solution to an issue with the Solution Architect and the client, another time you'll be standing on the sands of Dubai to get a Proof of Concept (PoC) working there. The IT Innovation department is a driver of change within the IT department.
You are responsible for fully exploiting existing technologies and ensuring that the employees of Van Oord (our client) use the available technology in smart ways and make this technology work for them. As a Solution IT Consultant, you put forward ideas about design choices, help with migration projects, manage internal and external suppliers and translate business requirements to technical and other solutions.
- You will be the sparring partner for our clients on the one hand and our development teams and suppliers on the other.
- Your main activities will involve answering "who", "what", "why" and "how" questions from clients and the market.
- You will train people in using Microsoft technology, for example Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Sway, Microsoft Forms 365.
- And you will also be responsible for the migration from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams.
- On the other hand, you will participate in the implementation of new (SaaS) solutions which have never before been implemented in such a complex environment.
Your enthusiasm is there for all to see. You help to bring about the digital transformation of the organization. In addition, you have a proactive, creative and persuasive personality. You are passionate about your clients, focused on results and have the drive to stay ahead in technology. You feel comfortable in a dynamic and fast-growing organization. Your colleagues and customers regard your social and communication skills in both Dutch and English as superior. You are not put off by the Rotterdam culture and mentality (actions, not words). Finally, you have a sense of humour, an enterprising attitude and unshakeable team spirit.
- A completed MBO level 4 course
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure
- At least three years of work experience in a similar job
- Knowledge and experience in giving training
- Certifications from Microsoft are an absolute pré-Knowledge and experience with LowCode Platform is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with cloud platforms from other providers such as Amazon and AWS is an advantage
You end up in a company with a unique (family) history, a typical Dutch product and an international work environment. Because we work with solutions that we often have to invent from scratch, the generation of ideas is the order of the day. We like to listen to yours! You also get:
- a salary that suits your responsibilities
- more than average number of holidays
- a variable bonus
- an excellent pension scheme
- a manager who sees himself as 'coach' instead of 'manager'
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself (Microsoft Ignite for example)
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190