● Acting as the point of contact for the purchasing and supply chain process for tender and project management, suppliers and other relevant internal departments;
● Managing and monitoring subcontractors and suppliers at the commercial, financial and operational level;
● Creating and implementing a procurement strategy for each project;
● Continuously keeping the purchasing status up to date in order to proactively inform the project manager;
● Ensuring synergies with other tenders and projects and investigating opportunities to include specific procurement packages in framework agreements;
● Sourcing, pre-qualification and (QHSE) auditing of suppliers;
● Sharing market knowledge with key internal stakeholders.
● A Bachelor or Master degree in a technical (preferably civil engineering) discipline;
● At least 5 years’ experience in tactical / strategic project purchasing within the Dutch civil market;
● NEVI 1, ideally NEVI 2 or willingness to follow training of this kind;
● Excellent communication skills, positively critical, flexible yet persuasive;
● Courage and curiosity, a practical attitude and a willingness to continuously improve. A selfstarter with an entrepreneurial spirit;
● Excellent command of the Dutch language is a mandatory requirement.
A challenging purchasing role in a dynamic working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. You will also get the opportunity to develop your skills with job specific training and education.
The Dutch have always had a unique connection with water. Water brings economic prosperity and ecological opportunity. Land is used for living, working, travelling and running businesses. We’ll even create land ourselves if necessary. Already for 150 years, Van Oord Nederland has been operating in the area where water and land converge. We’ve constructed the second Maasvlakte, the Afsluitdijk and the harbour dyke at Den Oever, linked the A16 and A13 motorways as part of the Groene Boog project and implemented sand replenishment projects for the vulnerable Wadden Islands.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?