We are looking for a Strategic Purchaser who will be responsible for the procurement of critical subcontracting packages for our offshore wind projects. For example the Norther offshore wind farm, 23 kilometres from the Belgium coast. With a capacity of 370 MW, Norther will be Belgium’s largest offshore wind farm. During all phases of these kind of projects (tender, preparation and execution) you will be the specialist on all procurement matters. A key point is that you will take responsibility for the entire procurement process, with the aim of assuring the delivery of high quality services and products. This is a commercial, technical and multidisciplinary role involving many internal and external contacts.
As Strategic Purchaser Offshore Wind you will be the point of contact for the procurement and supply chain for tender and project management, suppliers and relevant internal departments. You will prepare and implement procurement strategies for each project. Besides that you:
- keep the procurement status up to date in order to proactively inform the Project Manager;
- secure synergies with other tenders and projects;
- prepare procurement packages in conjunction with the tender and project teams and evaluate offers on best and most reliable bid;
- manage and monitor subcontractors and suppliers commercial / financial and operational level.
You are a true team player with a hands-on mentality and you think in terms of solutions. You have excellent communication skills and you know the appropriate way to approach national and international parties to achieve results. An entrepreneurial mind defines you as a person and combined with an a positive yet critical perspective you strive for continuous improvement. We appreciate it when you have NEVI 2, CIPS level 5 and knowledge of FIDIC contracts or willing to develop on these areas. Furthermore you have:
- a completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical (e.g. civil engineering) discipline;
- at least 5 years' experience in tactical/strategic project procurement, preferably gained on large international offshore projects (for example: EPCI);
- the willingness to travel and or work abroad 5-10% of your time;
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written.
A challenging purchasing role on tactical/strategical level in an environment where you contribute to a more sustainable world. This role is perfect for you if you want to make a difference, both inside and outside the company. We offer you freedom to develop your technical skills and personal competences. In addition, we offer:
- a salary to match your responsibilities and experience;
- flexible working hours;
- an excellent pension scheme
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Strategic Purchaser Offshore Wind by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.