Van Oord has a worldwide reputation as a typical Dutch “marine” company that connects innovation to sustainability, with examples like the Palm Islands in Dubai and the reinforcements of dikes and waterways in the Netherlands. When it comes to A16/Groene Boog, we are part of a joint venture which is responsible for the whole package, from design to management. From the preparation of Work Methods to safe working on site. Together with your team, local partners and colleagues in the head office you will realize a unique project. A challenging and responsible position.
For the project A16/Groene Boog we will supply sand and do the earthmoving works. The 11 km long A16 Rotterdam will contribute to smooth traffic on A13, A20 and surrounding roads. The new connection contributes to accessibility and quality of life in the region. In 2024 the road will be open.
As Superintendent Earthmoving you are responsible for the operational activities during the construction of the A16/Groene Boog. Supply of sand, complex logistics of building materials, all aspects of earthmoving and working in a large project team are key elements for this job. Unique in the Rotterdam urban area. You will work on:
- drawing up work plans and budgets;
- the analysis of risks;
- contributing ideas about safety and permits;
- taking care of document management and;
- needless to say ensuring that the drawings and model information are (or remain) synchronized with the norms and the agreed specifications.
You’re a superintendent who easily checks the project plan and guides the operations on site. You are in possession of:
- middle- of higher vocational education in civil engineering, preferably VOL-VCA;
- at least 2 years’ working experience in (water) engineering and/or earthmoving projects;
- good communicative skills (verbally and written).
- Dutch language is required
As a superintendent, you are part of the dynamic, diverse and multidisciplinary team which is responsible for the execution of the earthworks of A16/Groene Boog. We offer:
- a salary matching your responsibilities;
- excellent employment conditions, including a bonus scheme and good educational opportunities;
- ample opportunities to (futher) develop in the role you play.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Superintendent by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 (0)88 826 8202