Do you have an affinity for Procurement & Supply Chain and the marine or offshore sector, and would you like to work for a leading international company? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. Our Procurement Department in Rotterdam is looking for a fulltime Supply Chain Coordinator.
As a Supply Chain Coordinator you are responsible for Managing the supply chain of purchased materials and services towards, on and from the project including inventory management and logistics. You ensure and provide the best possible support to the company and execute the tasks in the most safely, effective and efficient manner, in compliance with all relevant requirements.
- Ensures early involvement in projects for plant creation and implementation of the VO systems.
- Ensures correct use of the VO systems and registration of materials and services.
- Tendering and Purchasing of materials and services.
- Follows the project related transport manual.
- Prepare and coordinates the mobilization and de-mobilization liaising with the logistics and project team.
- Investigate the local availability of materials and services, agents and the possibility for local framework agreements.
- Expediting of outstanding orders and transports.
- Coordinate and follows up on customs clearance and local logistics agent(s).
- Periodically reports status of all outstanding orders and the inventory to the project management.
- Has the authority and obligation to suspend any operation that is considered to be unsafe or in serious breach of the company’s QHSE policy.
- 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Procurement or Logistics processes in a maritime or offshore business environment.
- Bachelor degree (HBO or equivalent) in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Logistics.
- Willing to travel and work on-site on our global projects (sometimes on rotation).
- Good command of the English language is a must.
- Ideally experience with project oriented organizations and Supply Chain processes on projects.
- Punctually, proactive and accurate.
- Customer oriented, team player, ability to work well under pressure, and demonstrates ability to work independently.
A challenging supply chain role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.