Do you have an affinity for Procurement & Supply Chain and the marine or offshore sector, and would you like to work for a leading international company? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. Our Procurement Department in Rotterdam is looking for a fulltime Supply Chain Coordinator.
As a Supply Chain Coordinator you are responsible for the implementation and training of the Van Oord system on projects. Managing the supply chain of purchased materials towards, on and from the project including inventory management and logistics. You ensure and provide the best possible support to the company and execute the tasks in the most safely, effective and efficient manner, in compliance with all relevant requirements.
- Ensures early involvement in projects for plant creation and implementation of the VO systems.
- Organizes trainings and support for project employees with use of the VO systems.
- Ensures correct use of the VO systems and registration of materials and services.
- Appoints a (local) storekeeper, coordinates his/her involvement in the project and monitors performance.
- Creates (in close coordination with the logistics department) and owns the project related transport manual.
- Prepare and coordinates the mobilisation liaising with the Mob-Demob team.
- Tendering and Purchasing of materials and services.
- Investigate the local availability of materials and services, agents and the possibility for local framework agreements.
- Expediting of outstanding orders and transports.
- Manage customs clearance, vessel and local logistics agent(s).
- Periodically reports status of all outstanding orders and the inventory to the project management.
- Prepare and coordinates the demobilisation liaising with the Mob-Demob team.
- Organizes evaluation meetings to record lessons learned.
- Invites offers, tenders and quotations from suppliers and contractors.
- Judges and compares tenders and quotations;
- Has the authority and obligation to suspend any operation that is considered to be unsafe or in serious breach of the company’s QHSE policy.
- Customer oriented and works well with others
- Bachelor degree with specialty supply chain management
- 2-3 years’ experience in Supply Chain control processes in a marine maritime or offshore business environment
- Experience with setting-up Supply Chain processes on projects
- Punctually, proactive and accurate
- Team player, ability to work well under pressure, and demonstrates ability to work independently
A challenging supply chain role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.