Are you an enthusiastic engineer in the field of IT or system development and do you want to be involved in the development and integration of our operation technology and IT infrastructure on board of our equipment? If so, read what Van Oord could offer you. For our Ship Management Department (Rotterdam office), we are looking for a System Administrator Industrial Automation.
In the position of System Administrator you will be responsible for maintaining and developing our in-house build automation platform. You will function as a linking pin between our automation engineers, Electrical and Automation department, IT department, suppliers and internal clients. You will be working in a team of 8 dedicated colleagues in which your work will take place at the office in Rotterdam.
- Further developing and maintaining our automation platform used on the Van Oord fleet
- Manage the connections between this platform and the Van Oord IT infrastructure
- Contact person for internal users and the Van Oord IT department
- Select hardware and test the compatibility with our software.
- Researching future solutions
- Providing technical support for problem-solving
- A technical Bachelor degree (preferable IT related or software engineering)
- Several years' relevant work experience in the field of software development and maintaining software and platforms
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of networking, virtualization, Java, and C(++) is a plus
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- Strong communication and social skills
- Pragmatic person with a flexible attitude and a can-do-mentality
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
• a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
• 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
• a pension scheme;
• a variable bonus;
• extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
• an adequate travel allowance;
• collective health insurance (optional).
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.