Skip to main content

System Engineer SCCM

  • IT
  • Office Rotterdam
  • Posted date:
  • Closing date:

The position
Are you an experienced System Engineer SCCM that combines knowledge and innovative power? And do you want to push boundaries? As a system engineer at Van Oord you can indulge yourself. From deep into the water to high in the air, our projects are often unique and are without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges.

Do you want to work in an environment with more than 1000 servers, 4000 workstations spread over 80 offices and 80 ships?

Can you handle the corresponding IT challenges? Then apply as a system engineer SCCM at Van Oord!

Your responsibilities
As a system engineer at Van Oord, you not only manage the IT environment at our offices, but you also manage the infrastructure  on board trailing suction hopper dredgers, cable layers or rock dumps. What makes it really special:

  • We have an enterprise environment with more than 1000 servers and more than 4,000 users. We are at 80 different offices and over 80 ships.
  • More than 40% of the servers are on board and at offices. The remaining 60% is located in data centers in Amsterdam and Frankfurt.
  • Because innovation is in our blood, in the coming years we will be relocate a big part of our servers to the cloud with Azure.

The infrastructure is therefore completely under construction, with a lot of attention for efficiency, ease of use and security. You're going to help us! First in small, to experience, to learn and to test. Then, in the coming years, you will work in a team of twelve colleague specialists to roll out and manage this new environment. You do that at our office in Rotterdam. A unique and exciting function, where from the banks of the Maas, to far from the Atlantic Ocean, your knowledge and ingenuity are called upon.

Job requirements
You are an experienced SCCM specialist who combines analytical skills with a proactive, flexible and energetic attitude. Result counts for you! With your good social skills you know how to build bridges between the IT discipline and our customers. You can withstand a sometimes heavy workload and also love the typical Rotterdam humor. That you run 24-hour services every week for a week is not a problem. Furthermore, you bring along:

  • HBO work level
  • Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SCCM infrastructures, Microsoft Intune, Windows Server 2016 and 2012 and Windows 10
  • Specialized in distribution and implementation of OS images, software packages and OS security updates for servers and endpoints
  • An excellent command of Dutch and English

We offer
You end up in a collegial team with a great do mentality, but you are mainly part of a professional IT organization, where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are the key to our success. On shore and on the water. You also get:

  • A salary that suits your responsibilities
  • Excellent secondary employment conditions

About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.

Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.

Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!

Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.

Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.

Elise van Kasteren
Elise van Kasteren

+31 88 8268190

Apply for this vacancy
Allowed extensions are: doc docx pdf
Allowed extensions are: doc docx pdf
Fields with a * are required.