Do you want to be part of designing and executing the Digital Agenda of Van Oord?
Are you the enthusiastic and experienced Storage & Compute Systems Engineer we’re looking for? A team player who is focused on adding value for our customers by constantly seeking to improve and innovate our IT Services. Read on to see what we can offer you.
For the IT Operations team, part of the Rotterdam based IT organization, we are looking for a full-time Storage & Compute Systems Engineer to strengthen the team. The IT Operations team is a multiskilled team responsible for the delivery of high-quality IT services with a focus on availability, continuity and security.
As Storage & Compute Systems Engineer you are responsible for the health, performance, availability and security of our on-premise and cloud storage and compute infrastructure.
In this responsible and challenging role, you will be delivering IT services that support the Van Oord organization to meet its goals. Our key drivers are: customer focus, proactivity, innovation, flexibility, zero touch, automation and first time right delivery.
- Ensuring optimum performance, availability and 'health' of our storage & compute systems
- Dealing with disruptions, analysing and problem solving
- Preparing and performing upgrades, updates, patches and other types of changes
- Strive for maximum automation of repetitive systems operations tasks
- Documenting technical solutions and writing standard operation procedures (SOP’s)
- Being part of challenging and multidiscipline infrastructure projects
- HBO background and experience with a minimum of 5 years relevant and recent work experience in a similar role, preferably in a medium/large international organization
- Extensive technical knowledge of and experience with NetApp Ontap 8.0 systems
- Extensive technical knowledge of and experience with large Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 and VMware vSphere 6.0 environments
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows Server 2016 and 2012
- Knowledge of and experience with Veeam backup systems
- Highly skilled in PowerShell scripting
- Recent certification in the above technical areas is an advantage
- LEAN certification or willing to become certified
- Analytic, service oriented, proactive, flexible, energetic and stress resistant
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English languages (written and spoken)
- A team player who takes ownership, with good communication skills and capable of building bridges between the other IT-disciplines and our customers
- Good sense of humour
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas of the IT work field. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional IT environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190