Are you as passionate about the technical aspects of a project as you are about the organizational aspects, and are you prepared to take responsibility in the realization of state-of-the art structures throughout the Netherlands? Do you want to help safeguard Lely's heritage for decades to come?
32 kilometres of dyke reinforcements and a new motorway. Sluices and pumping stations that can discharge 235 m3 of water every second. Innovative concrete elements, a solar farm and the cutting for a unique fish migration river. These are all part of the renewal of the Afsluitdijk, a project for which we will be pulling out all the stops in terms of Marine ingenuity over the coming years. Interested? If you would like to contribute as a systems engineer, apply to Van Oord!
Process control is implemented in accordance with the systems engineering philosophy (based on ISO15288) and work package management. As a systems engineer, you see to it that the team adapts this philosophy and you enforce compliance with contractual requirements during all phases of the project. Together with the work package proprietors, you work on the V&V dossier (per work package), which you also supervise in terms of scope, progress and quality. You periodically report to the project management on progress and potential obstacles within the V&V process.
You form a part of a diverse, multi-disciplinary process control team, and you report directly to the process control manager. One of your main duties is to manage and coach your team in the area of systems engineering. Additionally, we expect you to be a good sparring partner with critical yet substantive points of view. You can deliver quality assurance within the V&V process.
- Responsible for the verification and validation process for various work packages.
- Setting up, organizing and implementing the Systems Engineering philosophy.
- Monitoring the analyses of contract documents for (derivative) requirements and defining the scope per work package.
- Organizing requirement analysis sessions and quality assurance for verification schemes and reporting.
- Coordinating transfers between work packages, including derivative requirements.
- Organizing, implementing and managing data systems (among which Relatics).
- Alignment with other disciplines to guarantee complete process control.
You are a first-rate coordinator capable of effortlessly switching between the various disciplines. You know how to effectively prioritize issues and you pro-actively identify risks and obstacles. You almost never loose overview (and when you do, you very quickly regain it), even in extremely hectic situations, and you never stop communicating and cooperating when faced with short lead times.
- University or higher vocational education in the field of (technical) business administration or management, civil engineering or structural engineering;
- Deep understanding of the Systems Engineering philosophy.
- At least 4 years’ working experience within systems engineering and/or process control;
- Strong communication and coaching skills;
- Sharp analytical mind and very good at addressing obstacles.
As a systems engineer, you form a part of the dynamic, diverse and multi-disciplinary team, which is responsible for the Afsluitdijk Project. You and several of your colleagues are expected to strengthen the team in charge of process control. In addition, you will receive:
- a salary matching your responsibilities
- excellent secondary employment conditions
- sample opportunity (and educational allowance) to develop your professional and personal skills, enabling you to advance in your role.
Projectlocation / Werklocation: Den Oever (The Netherlands)
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.