Can you make complex projects simple? Do you want to contribute to making our projects more efficient but especially more fun? As a Senior Systems Engineer at Van Oord for the Dutch market you can indulge yourself. From deep into the water till high in the air, our projects are often unique and are without a doubt full of technical, financial and organizational challenges. Do you support the project teams during the starting phase of our Design & Construct contracts and do you want to play a connecting role during all project phases? Then apply now for the role of Senior Systems Engineer for our Dutch projects at Van Oord!
Van Oord is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for the projects in the tender- and implementation phase within the Dutch borders, like the Afsluitdijk, Windmillpark Fryslan and VIA15.
As a Systems Engineer you work at the department Project Planning, Risk & Process Management in our office in Rotterdam. You are jointly responsible for the development, implementation and practical application of Systems Engineering (SE) with the project processes within Van Oord and thus for the implementation of projects in accordance with the customer requests. The position consists of supporting the project- and tender teams in which you introduce the Systems Engineering philosophy in specific work methods. Based on the experiences you gained from working on these projects, you make, together with your colleagues, improvements and/or new methods for project processes for future projects.
The project controls management is shaped based on the systems engineering philosophy (based on ISO15288) and work package management. As Systems Engineer you supervise your team in embracing this philosophy. You make sure that the contract requirements and all logistical and other technical preconditions are met in the various phases from tender till the implementation of the project. You guarantee that nothing falls between the cracks by clearly mapping out all aspects of the interface. You are part of a broad and diverse organization and we expect you to be energetic with colleagues from other disciplines and suppliers to start the integrated process control in all phases of the project. Furthermore, you are responsible for:
- the verification- and validation process;
- develop, organize and implement the systems engineering philosophy;
- monitoring contract document analysis for (derivative) specifications and defining the scope per work package;
- organize specific analysis sessions and quality assurance for verification schemes and reports;
- coordinate transfers of divers work packages including derivative specifications;
- organize, implement and manage data systems (among which Relatics);
- the coordination with other disciplines to guarantee complete process control.
As Systems Engineer, you are the ambassador of the systems engineering philosophy. As a person you are organizational, curious, a true connector and a team player. Empowering project teams and the individuals to increase project efficiency and quality is what drives you the most. In addition, you have:
- an HBO or master’s degree in a technical direction (preferable Civil Engineering or Business- Administration/ Management with an interface with technology);
- knowledge and experience in setting up project as Systems or Process Control Engineer;
- the following competences: pro-active, analytical strong and a result-oriented team player with good communication skills who can switch quickly between abstract and concrete matters;
- excellent command of the Dutch and English language (spoken and written).
The department Project Planning, Risk & Process Management supports the tender- and project teams within Van Oord with predictable and transparent implementation and delivery. We do this with a team of highly motivated professionals in the field of risk, planning, systems engineering and process management who think and act beyond the limits of their own expertise. We believe that project management is not just about control, but a way to engage with stakeholders, focus, communicate activities and support proactive collaborations.
Systems Engineering is well known understanding within your department. However, within Van Oord projects it isn’t a common language yet. If you describe yourself as a builder, you can indulge yourself in this position. In addition to your salary, you will receive excellent secondary employment conditions and plenty of room to develop yourself personally, professionally and internationally.
Would you like to get an impression of Van Oord? https://vimeo.com/211291979
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/company/van-oord/jobs/