Van Oord is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for our projects in the tender- and implementation phase within the Dutch borders, like the Afsluitdijk, Windmillpark Fryslan and VIA15.
As a Systems Engineer you will work at the department Project Planning, Risk & Process Management in our office in Rotterdam. You are jointly responsible for the development, implementation and practical application of Systems Engineering (SE). At van Oord you will support the implementation of projects in accordance with the customer requests. The position consists of supporting the project- and tender teams in which you introduce the Systems Engineering philosophy in specific work methods. Based on previous experiences you have gained from working on similar projects, you will make improvements and/or new methods for project processes for future projects.
Project control management is shaped based on the systems engineering philosophy (which is based on ISO15288) and work package management. As Systems Engineer you supervise your team in embracing this philosophy. You make sure that the contract requirements and all logistics and as well as other technical preconditions are met in the various phases from tender up until the implementation of the project. You guarantee that nothing falls between the cracks by clearly mapping out all aspects of the interface. You are part of a broad and diverse organization and we expect you to be energetic with colleagues from other disciplines and suppliers to start the integrated process control in all phases of the project. Furthermore, you are responsible for:
● The verification- and validation process;
● Develop, organize and implement the systems engineering philosophy;
● Monitoring contract document analysis for (derivative) specifications and defining the scope per work package;
● Organize specific analysis sessions and quality assurance for verification schemes and reports;
● Coordinate transfers of divers work packages including derivative specifications;
● Organize, implement and manage data systems (among which Relatics);
● Coordination with other disciplines to guarantee complete process control.
As a Systems Engineer, you are the ambassador of the systems engineering philosophy. As a person you are organized, curious, a true connector and a team player. Empowering project teams and the individuals to increase project efficiency and quality is what drives you the most. In addition, you bring the following to the table:
● A Bachelor degree in a technical direction (preferable Civil Engineering or Business- Administration/ Management with an interface with technology);
● Knowledge and experience in setting up a project as Systems or Process Control Engineer;
● A pro-active, analytically strong and a result-orientated team player with strong communication skills who switches quickly between abstract and concrete matters;
● Excellent command of the Dutch language is a mandatory requirement.
The department Project Planning, Risk & Process Management supports the tender- and project teams within Van Oord with predictable and transparent implementation and delivery. We do this with a team of highly motivated professionals in the field of risk, planning, systems engineering and process management who think and act beyond the limits of their own expertise. We believe that project management is not just about control, but a way to engage with stakeholders, focus, communicate activities and support proactive collaborations.
Systems Engineering is well known within your department. However, within Van Oord projects it isn’t a common language yet. If you describe yourself as a builder, you can indulge yourself in this position. In addition to your salary, you will receive excellent secondary employment conditions and plenty of room to develop yourself personally, professionally and internationally.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.