You will work as Systems Engineer on the ViA15 project. The extension of the A15 highway towards Germany and widening of the A12/A15 highways plays a key role in the further economic development of the regions Arnhem, Nijmegen, Doetinchem and improving the connection between the harbour of Rotterdam and Europe as well.
As Systems Engineer you are co-responsible for the development, implementation and practical application of Systems Engineering (SE) within the project processes and thus for the realisation of the project in line with the clients request. The position consists of supporting the project team in which you introduce the Systems Engineering philosophy in concrete work methods. You collaborate with other project control professionals who are focused on planning, risk management, estimating and cost control. We encourage you to think and act over the boundaries of the individual disciplines, connecting the technical and project control functions and ensure that all project goals are met.
Do you want to know more about ViA15? Then visit the Rijkswaterstaat project website through this link.
The project controls management is shaped based on the systems engineering philosophy (based on ISO15288) and work package management. As Systems Engineer you make sure that the contract requirements and all organizational, logistical and technical preconditions are met in the various phases from tender till the implementation of the project. You are part of a broad and diverse organization and we expect you to be energetic with colleagues from other disciplines and suppliers to start the integrated process control in all phases of the project. Furthermore, your responsibilities are to:
- develop, organize and implement the systems engineering philosophy;
- structure requirements, activities, functions and objects;
- manage the project scope and interfaces between various workpackages;
- coordinate the translation of contract demands to concrete specifications together with the technical teams and
- defining the scope per work package;
- support of requirements- and trade-off analysis;
- the verification- and validation process;
- organize, implement and manage data systems (among which Relatics).
As Systems Engineer, you are the ambassador of the systems engineering philosophy. As a person you are sensitive, curious, a true connector and a team player. Empowering project teams and the individuals to increase project efficiency and quality is what drives you the most. In addition, you have:
- an HBO or master’s degree in a technical direction (preferable Civil Engineering or Business- Administration/ Management with an interface with technology);
- knowledge and experience in setting up project as Systems or Process Control Engineer;
- excellent organizational, communicative, social and consulting skills;
- excellent command of the Dutch and English language (spoken and written).
- willingness to work at our project offices in Utrecht (2020) and Arnhem (2021 until 2024).
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.