Do you want to be part of designing and executing the Van Oord’s Digital Agenda?
Our business application landscape transforms towards a hybrid on-premise and cloud environment, with new innovations like low-code platforms and the first steps towards a DevOps way-of-working.
The Application Services team within the global IT Operations department develops into the next phase of maturity, where professionalization and increase in operations maturity are key objectives to support our rapidly changing business application landscape.
Are you the enthusiastic and experienced Team Manager we’re looking for to lead this Application Services team? An inspiring, result oriented team player, who is focused on employee- and customer satisfaction. Read further to see what we can offer you.
As part of the Global IT organization, you’ll be leading the Application Services team in Rotterdam to ensure application service availability, performance and security.
In this challenging role you will be delivering IT services that support the Van Oord organization to meet its goals. Our key drivers are: customer focus, user experience, performance analysis, sense of responsibility and continuous improvement.
- Act as the overall Service Owner for all application services, managing the full application life cycle, whilst ensuring service availability, performance and security according to agreed service levels;
- Lead the Application Services team (approx. 8 FTE), inspire, motivate and coach the engineers in their personal development and challenge the team to continuously improve;
- Take ownership to increase the maturity level of the team, assure optimal team performance and improve the communication to the different stakeholders;
- Take ownership to improve the operational application support processes like release management, testing and application patching;
- Ensure the team works according to our standardized process way of working;
- Build and maintain relations with business stakeholders and business application owners;
- Manage third party suppliers, contracts, SLA’s and orchestrate supplier performance reviews and improvement plans;
- Contribute to increase the Security Awareness of the support engineers.
A bachelor's degree in information technology and/or a minimum of 5 years relevant and recent work experience in a similar role, preferably in a medium/large international organization. Skills and competences we are looking for are:
- Good sense of humour;
- Experienced in leading, motivating and coaching a team of application support engineers;
- Combines decisiveness with good interpersonal communication skills. Has management skills; can delegate/coach and drives individual and team improvement/development;
- Experience with standard support frameworks like ASL, BiSL and ITIL V3;
- Experience with DevOps, SCRUM, LEAN and Agile way-of-working is a preference;
- Experienced in managing internal and external service providers and vendors;
- Analytic, customer and service oriented, proactive, flexible, energetic and stress resistant;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language (written and spoken).
You will be working in a great company with a unique (family) history, in an international work environment. You also get:
- a salary that suits your responsibilities
- more than average number of holidays
- a variable bonus
- an excellent pension scheme
- a manager who sees himself as 'coach' instead of 'manager'.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190