Do you want to be part of designing and executing the Digital Agenda of Van Oord?
Are you the enthusiastic and experienced Team Manager IT Service Desk we’re looking for? An inspiring, result oriented team player, who is focussed on employee- and customer satisfaction. Read on to see what we can offer you.
For the IT Operations team, part of the Rotterdam based organization, we are looking for a full-time Team Manager IT Service Desk to lead and strengthen the IT Service Desk team. The IT Service Desk is the most customer facing entity of the IT department, responsible for high-quality end-user support and service request fulfilment.
- As Team Manager IT Service Desk you want to achieve the best possible customer experience and you’ll drive the professionalization of our IT Service Desk.
- In this responsible and challenging role, you will be delivering IT services that support the Van Oord organization to meet its goals. Our key drivers are: customer focus, user experience, performance analysis and continuous improvement.
- Lead the IT Service Desk team, inspire, motivate and coach the engineers in their personal development and challenge the team to continuously improve;
- Take ownership to increase the maturity level of the service desk, assure optimal team performance and improve the communication to the different business stakeholders;
- Fulfil the Incident Manager role and initiate and lead process improvements (e.g. by applying LEAN techniques);
- Initiate and drive shift-left initiatives to transfer knowledge and problem solving capabilities from second line to first line and from first line to employee self-service and self-support;
- Contribute to increase the Security Awareness of both Service Desk agents and end-users.
- Higher Vocational Education background and experience with a minimum of 5 years relevant and recent work experience in leading a IT Service Desk, preferably in a medium/large international organization.
- Experienced in leading, motivating and coaching a customer facing IT Service Desk;
- Experienced in managing and improving the Incident Management processes;
- Experienced in managing internal and external service providers and vendors;
- Relevant ITIL V3 certifications;
- Certification in and/or experience with LEAN is a strong preference;
- Experience with IT Service & Support Management platforms, preferably with ServiceNow;
- Analytic, customer and service oriented, proactive, flexible, energetic and stress resistant;
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English languages (written and spoken);
- A team player who takes ownership, with good communication skills and capable of building bridges between the other IT-disciplines and our customers;
- Good sense of humour.
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas of the IT work field. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional IT environment where innovation, security, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.