Are you an experienced Storage and Virtualization specialist that combines knowledge and innovative power? And do you like to take ownership? As a Technical Lead Compute & Storage at Van Oord you can indulge yourself. From deep into the water to high in the air, our projects are often unique and are without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges.
Do you want to work in an environment with more than 1000 servers, 4000 workstations spread over 80 offices and 80 ships? For the Infrastructure Services team in Rotterdam, we are looking for a full-time Product Owner Compute & Storage to strengthen our team. We’re currently implementing a DevOps/Agile structure and way-of-working, with product teams and assigned Product Owners. The Product Owner is the technical lead engineer of a Product Team, responsible for the full life cycle of a Product Line.
As part of the Global IT organization, you are responsible for the health, performance, availability and security of our on-premise and cloud compute and storage infrastructure.
In this responsible and challenging role, you will be delivering IT services that support the Van Oord organization to meet its goals together with the professional and driven engineers in your product team. Our key drivers are: customer focus, proactivity, innovation, flexibility, zero touch, automation and first time right delivery.
- Responsible for the operational backlog planning of the product team and supervising/prioritising the backlog and activities for the team;
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product line. Continuous focus on improving service availability, performance, security and overall quality of IT services;
- Manages the life cycle of solutions and systems in product line and identifies and includes innovations to drive life cycle replacements;
- Act as linking pin between IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture and Security in determining the long-term roadmap for the product line;
- Participates in regular engineer activities to support the team in fulfilment of the backlog.
You are an experienced Storage specialist who combines analytical skills with a proactive, flexible and energetic attitude. Result counts for you! You are a team player who takes ownership. With your good social skills you know how to build bridges between the IT discipline and our customers. You can withstand a sometimes heavy workload and also love the typical Rotterdam humor. Furthermore, you bring along:
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology and a minimum of 8 years relevant and recent work experience in a lead engineering role, preferably in a medium/large international organization with geographically spread teams;
- Extensive conceptual, architectural and technical knowledge of and experience with central storage systems (NetApp), backup and restore solutions;
- Extensive conceptual, architectural and technical knowledge of and experience with large virtualization infrastructures based on e.g. VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V and with server operating systems like Windows Server and Linux;
- Experience with Agile / SCRUM / LEAN way-of-working, certification is a preference;
- Excellent command of English language (written and spoken);
A challenging role in a dynamic international working environment in which you will spend time on the work floor and have short lines with the business, IT and development. Besides, there is room for personal development and growth in various areas. You become part of a dynamic and professional team where quality, flexibility and creativity are among the success factors of the goals of the organization. Furthermore, we offer:
- A salary that fits your responsibilities and experiences;
- Flexible working hours;
- more than average number of holidays and an excellent pension scheme;
- an informal team in which a pleasant working environment and cooperation are central;
- a variable bonus;
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190