As a Technical Purchaser, you will be responsible for the operational procurement of goods an fulfillment of orders for our fleet. You will work closely with the vessel technical superintendent and crew. In this role you will report to the Senior Purchaser. We seek an individual able to make proposals for improvements for the organisation, processes and methods within the procurement department and act as initiator and point of contact for improvement projects.
- Procuring consumables, MRO (technical spare parts and services) for the vessels assigned to you;
- Dealing with technical specifications, quotation requests, offers, and purchase orders efficiently and on time;
- Following up on order confirmations for all orders placed and the agreed delivery dates;
- Negotiating prices and conditions;
- Taking action in the event of incorrect deliveries or damaged or defective deliveries, etc.;
- Expediting RFQ’s, orders and overdue deliveries;
- Follow up on invoicing of delivered goods.
- A completed higher (MBO/ HBO) technical degree and additional procurement-related training;
- 3 - 5 years of experience as initial purchaser, preferably within a technical/maritime environment;
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English;
- You are persuasive, result-oriented, and have excellent communication skills;
- You have a hands-on, service-oriented mentality;
- Logistic knowledge is a pre;
- Enthusiasm, creativity, ownership.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.