As a Purchaser, you will be responsible for the specification and purchasing of wear and tear related items such as cast parts, construction parts and machined parts for our vessels, department Reclamation Equipment and stock. You will work closely with the vessel technical superintendent and crew. In this role you will report to the Category Manager.
- Defining technical specifications of wear & tear related products as applicable to our industry;
- Procuring a large variety of wear & tear related parts;
- Dealing with quotation requests, offers, and purchase orders efficiently and on time;
- Following up on order confirmations for all orders placed and the agreed delivery dates;
- Negotiating prices and conditions;
- Supporting colleagues in the Purchasing-, Ship Management- and Reclamation Equipment departments with technical challenges;
- Taking action in the event of incorrect deliveries due to shortages, damages or not per specifications;
- Expediting RFQ’s, orders and overdue deliveries;
- Follow up on invoicing of delivered goods.
We seek an individual able to make proposals for improvements for the organisation, processes and methods within the procurement department and act as initiator and point of contact for improvement projects.
- A completed higher (MBO/HBO) degree in technical engineering and additional procurement-related training, or several years of proven experience within a technical/maritime environment;
- Technical knowledge of drawings (reading and interpretation), various materials, welding, classifications, standardizations and coatings;
- 3-5 years of experience as initial purchaser, preferably within a technical/maritime environment;
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English;
- You are persuasive, result-oriented, and have excellent communication skills;
- You have a hands-on, service-oriented mentality;
- Logistic knowledge is a pre;
- Enthusiasm, creativity, ownership.
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.