To expand our Ship Management Department, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for a fulltime Technical Superintendent. In this role you ensure that our vessels are in excellent technical state, so they operate effectively worldwide. You will manage several vessels and give technical advice and support to the technical crew members on board.
You are the first point of contact and advise the captains of our vessels. You lead and give guidance to dockings, repairs and maintenance on our state-of-the-art equipment. Furthermore, you:
- Draft final reports (both technical and financial);
- Advice on necessary technical improvements;
- Help the crew in solving technical problems on board, by phone, email or on board;
- Monitor the logistics of purchase orders;
- Check and monitor plant maintenance and safety performance.
In addition to having a solid technical background, it is important you are comfortable working with different nationalities and in building a sustainable connection. You have a flexible and proactive attitude and keep an updated overview of budget and planning. Besides you:
- Have a higher professional degree in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of five years of work experience in maritime or shipbuilding repairs;
- Have experience with execution of repairs and dockings;
- Live or want to live in The Netherlands and willing to work irregularly and travel internationally;
- Have excellent command in English, both spoken and written.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Allowance for going abroad (based on location and situation of the project);
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance, if relevant;
- Collective health insurance (optional).
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.