Are you technically skilled and looking for a new challenge within an international organisation with lots of responsibility? Do you get energized of managing technically complex vessels? Then continue reading about what Van Oord has to offer you!
To expand our Ship Management Department, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for a fulltime Technical Superintendent. In this role you ensure that our vessels are in excellent technical state, so they operate effectively worldwide. You will manage several vessels and give technical advice and support to the technical crew members on board.
You are the first point of contact and advise the captains of our vessels. You lead and give guidance to dockings, repairs and maintenance on our state-of-the-art equipment. Furthermore, you:
- draft final reports (both technical and financial);
- advice on necessary technical improvements;
- help the crew in solving technical problems on board, by phone, email or on board;
- monitor the logistics of purchase orders;
- check and monitor plant maintenance and safety performance.
In addition to having a solid technical background, it is important you are comfortable working with different nationalities and in building a sustainable connection. You have a flexible and proactive attitude and keep an updated overview of budget and planning. Besides you:
- have a higher professional degree in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding or equivalent;
- have a minimum of five years of work experience in maritime or shipbuilding repairs;
- have experience with execution of repairs and dockings;
- live or want to live in The Netherlands and willing to work irregularly and travel internationally;
- have excellent command in English, both spoken and written.
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional team but also an environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190