Are you looking for a job that will test your Technical skills, day after day? Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. Our Ship Management Department based in Rotterdam is seeking a fulltime Technical Superintendent.
As a Technical Superintendent you are responsible, based on your experience and project management skills, for the preparation, supervising and guiding dockings and repair on our state-of-the art equipment. In your role as Technical Superintendent you will also provide day-to-day technical supervision for our state-of-the-art equipment.
- Drawing up final reports (both technical and financial) and advise on necessary technical improvements
- Help the crew in solving technical problems on board this can be done via telephone, email or on board
- Monitor the logistics of purchase orders
- Check and monitor Plant Maintenance and Safety performance
As a Technical Superintendent focused on our offshore wind projects, in addition to having a solid technical background, it is important that you are very strong in terms of communication and you can navigate well in a hectic environment with sometimes conflicting interests. To get this done you need a flexible attitude, structure in your work and a proactive attitude. You are the person who likes to deliver his work on time and in budget.
Furthermore, you bring along:
- At least a higher professional degree in Mechanical Engineering or Shipbuilding or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of work experience in maritime or shipbuilding repairs, preferably on offshore Wind equipment
- Experience with execution of repairs and dockings.
- Living or want to live in the Netherlands; relocation is not an option
- Proven project management skills
- A good command in English
- Willing to spend a week or a few months at various locations abroad
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional team but also an environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190