Are you looking for the benefits of an international organization but also for the personal atmosphere characteristic for a project team? Are you looking for a job in which you have your technical knowledge optimally exploit at the inf of technology and commerce and you have affinity with contract management?
The Tender Desk Coordinator ensure that everything is done properly in the Tender Process for repairs and modifications of our vessels and floating equipment. In addition, tenders are also executed for outfitting contracts from our offshore (wind) units.
Due to varying circumstances, the day goes sometimes differently than previously thought. Think of an emergency docking, or a change in the planning of a ship. We are looking for someone with a flexible personality who function perfectly in a hectic / dynamic environment. It involves large interests and also substantial amounts. By being developed digitally and contractually strongly, you know how to draw a structured final conclusion from a multitude of data. You act as an advisor in the Van Oord organization. This sometimes means you have to step on the brakes, to back up your argument, but also settle with a decision. We are therefore looking for a team player, someone who is strong in communication, but also a good negotiator and administratively accurate.
You will be working at our head office in Rotterdam in a team of 3 colleagues all with a passion for the maritime industry.
- Consults with the Project Manager and check if the specifications supplied are complete enough to broadcast in an 'Invitation To Tender'
- Checks the availability of dock slots and quays.
- Draws up an ITT in collaboration with the SMD and sends it out to the agreed candidates.
- Is responsible for the evaluation of received bids and advises on the basis of these results to the Plant Department
- The commercial and contractual negotiation and contracting of the companies selected in consultation with the Plant Department
- You are the point of contact for the Technical Superintendent / project manager of the ship and the shipyard during the entire process from tendering to contracting.
- Analyzing the results obtained from the Tenders.
- Preparing and concluding framework agreements, both commercially and legally, in collaboration with other stakeholders involved
- Follow-up of various administrative tasks such as administering and evaluating the results achieved by the department, evaluating the companies and following up the 'End Project File', as well as placing relevant documents in the internal database.
- At least a completed HBO in mechanical engineering or a similar course.
- At least 5 years of technical work experience at a repair yard or at a shipping company
- Relevant commercial experience.
- Very good knowledge of the Dutch and English language.
- A solid knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Willingness to travel internationally and, on occasion, stay up to several weeks per year abroad.
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional team but also an environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190