As Trade & Customs Compliance Specialist you are responsible to ensure Van Oord’s compliance with all applicable import- and export regulations as well as international trade sanctions, in particular where Dual-Use goods are concerned.
- Monitor developments in international trade sanctions and, in collaboration with VO’s legal department, assess the impact on Van Oord’s activities
- Manage and maintain Van Oord’s export licences as available for the shipment of controlled goods. Take ownership of VO’s export process for dual -use items, ensure awareness and adherence to procedures and maintain relationship with relevant authorities
- Ensure completion of the Online Trade Sanctions and Customs Compliance training by all relevant personnel
- Manage and maintain Van Oord’s AEO-C license
- Maintain the master classification database and classification program as it relates to the Harmonized EU Tariff Schedule
- Function as go-to person for all import-/ export related questions. Provide input on customs scope in tender and preparation phase of projects
- Facilitate issuance of POA’s for customs agents
- Manage performance of appointed customs agents
- Prepare and file periodical customs, CBS and Intrastat reports
- Liaise with Tax department and provide input for periodical VAT filings
- Perform both internal and external audits, define corrective action plans and ensure implementation
- A completed higher vocational degree and additional procurement-related training.
- 3-5 years of experience in trade and customs compliance, preferably in an international offshore/maritime environment
- You have a detailed understanding of local (Dutch) import- and export regulations as well as international sanctions
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English
- You are persuasive, meticulous, result-oriented, and have excellent communication skills
A challenging role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
Sabine van den Elshout