We are looking for a Transport Coordinator (full-time) for the Procurement & Supply Chain department, located in Rotterdam. In the role of Transport Coordinator, you are responsible for the logistics process to and from our projects and ships via road, sea and air transport. You are the pivot in the logistics process, and this requires a large dose of responsibility and a wide range of tasks.
- The coordination of import and export activities with the associated transport documents;
- Validation of shipping invoices based on data such as ECCNs, HS codes, country of origin, product descriptions and values;
- Mobilisation of project cargo with possible (part)chartering of ships;
- Proactive tracking of shipments;
- Negotiating rates with the logistics service providers/shipowners/brokers.
You are accurate and because of your proactive and self-starting ability you can function well in a dynamic and sometimes hectic environment. You also have excellent communication and social skills. You also bring:
- A completed MBO/HBO education in the direction of Shipping, Logistics or Supply Chain;
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar logistics role, preferably with an international organisation;
- Knowledge of shipping terms and transport documents;
- Knowledge of Dutch customs legislation and regulations;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written;
- Familiar with logistics-related matters such as customs legislation and regulations, trade compliance, dangerous goods and Incoterms;
- Someone who shows himself to be the owner of the logistics process and who is also strong in his or her shoes;
- Team player with a customer-oriented attitude and organisational sensitivity;
- Experience in (part) chartering of ships is a plus.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 88 8268857