In the role of Transport Coordinator, you will be responsible for the logistics process to and from our projects and vessels via road, sea and air transport. You will be the fulcrum in the logistics process, which means you will have a large amount of responsibility and a broad range of duties. Based in Rotterdam you will liase with partially Dutch internal stakeholders and external suppliers. Therefore Dutch speaking candidates are welcome to apply!
- The coordination of import and export activities and the associated transport documents
- Validating the shipping invoices based on data such as HS codes, country of origin, product descriptions and values
- Mobilisation of projectcargo with possibly (part-)chartering of vessels
- Proactively tracking shipments
- Negotiating rates with the logistics service providers/shipowners/brokers
- A completed intermediate vocational (MBO) or higher vocational (HBO) education in the disciplines of logistics or supply chain
- At least 3 years' work experience in a similar logistic role, preferably with an international organization
- Knowledge of shipping terms and transport documents
- Good command of written and spoken Dutch and English
- Familiarity with logistics-related matters such as trade compliance, hazardous goods and Inco terms
- Someone who owns the logistics process and is able to hold their own
- A team player with a customer-focused attitude and organisational sensitivity
- A person who is meticulous and is able to perform well in a dynamic and sometimes hectic environment
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Proactive and self-starting capacity
- Experience with vessel rental / knowledge of Bimco contracts is a plus
A challenging job in which you will contribute to the emergence of challenging international projects, based on your specialism. You will be given responsibility and we offer you the opportunity to put your ideas into practice. In addition, we can provide an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.