In this fulltime job as Superintendent you are supervising your team during the excavation of construction pits, controlling water levels, diving activities and applying gravel and underwater concrete. Projects you’ll work on concern civil engineering and multidisciplinary DBFM contracts where you’ll be working on location and your project office located in The Netherlands. This position is interesting because as Superintendent you are in control of the project with your foreseeing mind, hands-on approach and meticulous methods. Furthermore, the excavation of construction pits is specialized work where your feeling for different types of soil and limited space are of utmost importance to make a success of these logistically complex projects.
You will work on location as the eyes and ears of Van Oord. From project plan preparation to the enforcement of working safely, you and your team, together with local partners and colleagues from the Rotterdam head office, will realize prestigious projects. The position is as challenging as it is responsible.
You are a result-oriented civil engineer capable of assessing the feasibility of a project plan as effortlessly as managing your team members in (sub)projects. You also have:
- a higher vocational education (HBO), preferably in Civil Engineering;
- preferably in possession of VOL VCA;
- at least 10 years working experience in civil engineering projects;
- at least 5 years working experience as a specialist in the excavation of construction pits;
- leadership qualities, well-developed social skills and reporting skills;
- good computer skills;
- good command of both Dutch and English.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- allowance for going abroad (based on location and situation of the project);
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance, if relevant;
- collective health insurance (optional);
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 88 8268756