You can work to your heart's content as a Project Engineer at Van Oord. Our deep water to high altitude projects are often unique and, without exception, are full of technical, financial and organisational challenges. Does making sure that everything is prepared, documented and executed meticulously appeal to you? Then apply for the Workplanner Marine Works position at Van Oord!
The (Dutch) projects we execute at Van Oord are often of such a scale or nature that they have their own requirements in terms of execution methods, logistics and phasing or to the organisation of the building sites such as, at the Afsluitdijk, the Groene Boog or the Windpark Fryslan. Special civil engineering projects which pose several challenges to you as a Project Engineer, all of which you should be able to handle. You will work on:
- drawing up work plans and budgets;
- the analysis of risks;
- contributing ideas about safety and permits;
- taking care of document management and;
- needless to say ensuring that the drawings and model information are (or remain) synchronized with the norms and the agreed specifications.
What it boils down to is that your projects have to be finalized safely, according to the contract and within the budget. A job with responsibility and sometimes excitement whereby we, at our head office in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), draw from your knowledge and ingenuity.
What we ask of you is that you possess good skills to work with a team and have ample empathy. Your transparency towards the project teams and commissioning parties has to be accompanied by a focus on Van Oord’s interests. You will not mind travelling occasionally throughout the entire country. Your understanding of Dutch and English is good. In addition you have to have:
- completed at least a Bachelor level training (or equivalent obtained through experience), such as civil and hydraulic engineering or construction engineering;
- at least three years’ experience as a project engineer at a contracting firm or engineering firm;
- knowledge of modern forms of contracts, such as UAV-GC or DBFM;
- experience with 3D modelling and coordination software, planning methods and project control systems;
- excellent understanding of Dutch and English.
We will provide you with a special opportunity to cooperate in prestigious projects in The Netherlands. You will work together with motivated colleagues who embark on challenges and solve problems using their professionalism and creativity. You will be given plenty of opportunities for your independent input and for your professional development. Furthermore you will receive:
- a salary matching your responsibilities;
- good benefits;
- all the space to develop your job-related skills and yourself personally to enable you to grow in your role.
You will also contribute to a sustainable Netherlands. You want this too, don't you?
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 (0)88 826 8857