You can work to your heart's content as a Project Engineer at Van Oord. Our deep water to high altitude projects are often unique and, without exception, are full of technical, financial and organisational challenges. Does making sure that everything is prepared, documented and executed meticulously appeal to you? Then apply for the Workplanner Marine Works position at Van Oord!
The (Dutch) projects we execute at Van Oord are often of such a scale or nature that they have their own requirements in terms of execution methods, logistics and phasing or to the organisation of the building sites such as, at the Afsluitdijk, the Groene Boog or the Windpark Fryslan. Special civil engineering projects which pose several challenges to you as a Project Engineer, all of which you should be able to handle. You will work on:
- drawing up work plans and budgets;
- the analysis of risks;
- contributing ideas about safety and permits;
- taking care of document management and
- needless to say ensuring that the drawings and model information are (or remain) synchronized with the norms and the agreed specifications.
What it boils down to is that your projects have to be finalised safely, according to the contract and within the budget. A job with responsibility and sometimes excitement whereby we, at our head office in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), draw from your knowledge and ingenuity.
What we ask of you is that you possess good skills to work with a team and have ample empathy. Your transparency towards the project teams and commissioning parties has to be accompanied by a focus on Van Oord’s interests. You will not mind travelling occasionally throughout the entire country. Your understanding of Dutch and English is good. In addition you have to have:
- completed at least a Bachelor level training (or equivalent obtained through experience), such as civil and hydraulic engineering or construction engineering;
- at least three years’ experience as a project engineer at a contracting firm or engineering firm;
- knowledge of modern forms of contracts, such as UAV-GC or DBFM;
- experience with 3D modelling and coordination software, planning methods and project control systems.
- Excellent understanding of Dutch and English.
We will provide you with a special opportunity to cooperate in prestigious projects in The Netherlands. You will work together with motivated colleagues who embark on challenges and solve problems using their professionalism and creativity. You will be given plenty of opportunities for your independent input and for your professional development. Furthermore you will receive:
- a salary matching your responsibilities;
- good benefits;
- all the space to develop your job-related skills and yourself personally to enable you to grow in your role.
You will also contribute to a sustainable Netherlands. You want this too, don't you?
The Dutch have a long-standing bond with water. Water provides economic prosperity and ecological opportunities. We use land to live, work, travel or do business on and we reclaim it ourselves if required. Van Oord has been working for 150 years on and at the edges of water and land. We connect the A16 and the A13 with the Groene Boog, are building the Afsluitdijk, the havendijk at Den Oever or replenish the vulnerable Waddeneilanden with sand.
About Van Oord
We are a Dutch family-owned company with 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. Our company culture is one of entrepreneurship and engaged employees. We think and act with responsibility and focus on the long term. Van Oord's people represent 74 different nationalities but they all share the same passion. For water, for technology, for providing innovative and sustainable solutions for maritime challenges and for achieving the best possible result. Whatever the project is, and in whichever of the almost 46 countries in which Van Oord works every year.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below! If you have any further questions about the position of Project Engineer, feel free to contact me.
If you would like to know more about Van Oord, have a look at our website: https://www.vanoord.com/about-us and our video channel: https://vimeo.com/vanoord
Climb on board and follow us also on LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook!
+31 (0)88 826 8202