Are you a passionate civil engineer, and do you also want Lely’s heritage to live on long into the future?
Do you want to help safeguard Lely's heritage for decades to come? 32 kilometres of dyke reinforcements and a new motorway. Sluices and pumping stations that can discharge 235 m3 of water every second. Innovative concrete elements, a solar farm and the cutting for a unique fish migration river. These are all part of the renewal of the Afsluitdijk, a project for which we will be pulling out all the stops in terms of Marine ingenuity over the coming years. Interested? If you would like to contribute as a , apply to Van Oord!
In the role of Work Planner / Cost Estimator, you will be responsible for performing preparatory work and calculations for tenders relating to the activities of Van Oord Grondstoffen B.V. You will support the General Manager Sales Manager and be part of tender teams, providing advice on the logistics of extraction, waterborne transport and transhipment of raw materials. By conducting investigations in the field and monitoring our existing extraction activities in sand quarries and unloading at storage sites, you will obtain extensive knowledge of and affinity with the work of Van Oord Grondstoffen B.V. Your opinions will be well-founded, based as they are on a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Estimating and preparing the complete logistics chain, including transport and transshipment
- Advising on cost-effective methods of loading, transport and unloading
- Advising on purchasing and sales strategy for tenders, projects and trade with a focus on logistics options
- Subsequent costing of shipments
- Coordinating with the relevant authorities regarding various sand quarries and storage sites
- Visiting Van Oord Nederland and Van Oord Grondstoffen project sites
- Higher vocational intellectual and professional level
- Several years of experience in the civil and hydraulic engineering sector
- Experience of preparing and costing projects an advantage
- Excellent command of the Dutch language
- An independent, driven colleague with a feel for commerce and calculation
- Good communication and social skills
- A flexible attitude with regard to visiting project sites
A challenging and independent role with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Van Oord Grondstoffen B.V., part of Van Oord Nederland, is active in many aspects of civil and hydraulic engineering. Years of experience have made us a specialist in this field. A varied fleet and qualified personnel enable us to offer a wide range of services.
Apply directly online by clicking on the 'apply' button below. Feel free to contact me for more information or regarding other opportunities within Van Oord.
Come on board and follow us on LinkedIn!
We will not be using external agencies to fill this vacancy.
+31 (0)88-8268149 or (0)6-53269988