Do you have a passion for hydraulic engineering and are you up for the challenge of working anywhere in the world? Read on to see what Van Oord can offer you. For our international dredging and marine construction projects, we are looking for an experienced Works Manager Dredging.
In the role of Works Manager, you will be in charge of and responsible for the technical execution of the project and the optimum deployment of staff and equipment. You will act as the operational lynchpin and make an important contribution to the delivery of prestigious international projects together with the project team and your colleagues at our head office.
- Daily management of operations and the relevant subcontractors
- Monitoring the progress of work and making adjustments where necessary
- Ensuring that the team works safely and that the results meet the quality requirements
- Monitoring and keeping records of progress, planning and contractual matters
- Providing information to the Project Manager and interested parties
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil engineering or similar
- At least five years' experience in a similar role in an international project-based environment
- Extensive knowledge of international contracting and civil engineering projects; knowledge of dredging and offshore an advantage
- Experience of managing international multidisciplinary project teams
- A good command of English, spoken and written
- A hands-on and results-oriented person who can maintain an overall view and exudes calm to the outside world
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Willingness to work abroad an average of 7 months a year
Working for Van Oord means working on challenging, interesting and prestigious projects all over the world. Van Oord offers you opportunities for further development plus an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 88 8268149